The Global Ad Technology Department (GATD) manages the whole of the advertising systems that power Rakuten. We are a cross-functional and data-driven organization working together in a diverse team spread across five countries: Japan, Singapore, India, China and UK.
We develop and maintain the comprehensive advertisement platform that allows both internal stakeholders (Rakuten Ichiba merchants) and external advertisers (huge national and international clients) to freely manage their promotional mix and marketing campaigns. Working with us you will be able to learn everything about Rakuten Group's wide range of services and huge data asset.
Why We Hire
In the position, we are looking for a dynamic senior project manager who can take one or more technical ownership and responsibilities during the product and project development also he/she should have the capability to solve any kind of business problem. The person should be highly skilled in one or more project management methodologies and do not afraid to come out of one's comfort zone and jump into the unknown project management world. Very much tech and business focus and create a perfect bridge between business and tech team.
Business Process Execution
- Work closely with the Product Managers, Business Unit and other stakeholders, understand their need and business direction
- Understand the product roadmap and keep continuous collaboration with BU and all other groups to execute the project successfully.
Project and Service Execution
- Be engaged in a whole process of an application development project (requirement definition, specification design, development, testing, release).
- Ensures that the project goal is well-aligned and manages the project team to accomplish it with the required level of quality.
- Applies project management techniques to successfully deliver projects on scope, time and budget.
- Work closely with the cross-border tech teams to achieve project outcomes.
- Ensures smooth communication and comprehension among all various stakeholders both in development projects and in service maintenance.
- Working closely with the Senior Product Manager, Tech Lead, Architect and other project members
- Collaborate with a separate QA team and DevOps team.
- Collaborate with cross-culture, cross-border development team during the project execution.
Always Improve, Always Advance
- Capture improvement points based on KPIs, and create/execute an improvement plan.
- Guide and support junior/new members as a mentor and be a role model to improve team productivity and achieve organizational goals together.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in web application development
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in project management
- Experience in different project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Rapid development, Pair programming)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, and ability to build a strong working relationship between technical and non-technical people
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and guide team members to establish positive working relationships and achieve goals together
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, as required, and prioritize appropriately
- Team player and easy going person
- Proactive, self-starter and self-motivated
- Perform under immense pressure
- Strong get-things-done mind with a sense of ownership
- Strong skills and experience to write spec documents, external design document or internal design document.
- Strong skills and experience to develop a quality assurance plan and procedures
- Experience of Scrum Master role.
- Familiarity with AD/Marketing solutions
- Work experience with a remote team
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, MS Teams
- Experience of guiding juniors or leading a team
|Location||Rakuten Crimson House, 1-14-1 Tamagawa, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo158-0094
(1 min walk from Futakotamagawa Station on the Denentoshi Line)
|Remote work||Partial remote|
|Working hours||9:00am - 5:30pm (Every Monday, work hours are from 8:00am to 4:30pm due to morning meeting)|
|Holidays||・2 days off per week (Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays are holidays)
・10-20 days of annual paid vacation (the minimum number of days is the number of days granted after six months of employment)
・120 days off per year
In addition, year-end and New Year vacations, paid vacation, congratulation or condolence leave, maternity and paternity leave, etc.
*Once a year, you can take 9 to 12 consecutive holidays by using the long vacation (Success Vacation) system.
|Employee benefits||・Commuting allowance
・Employee pension insurance
・Workers' accident compensation insurance
・Retirement allowance system
Supplemental education and qualification support
・English learning support (in-house TOEIC(R) test IP test, English conversation, etc.)
・Career challenge system (challenge the department of your choice)
・Job return system (rehiring system for those who retired due to marriage, childbirth, nursing care, etc.), etc.
・Stock Option Plan
・Cafeteria system with three free meals
・LILO Club (preferential treatment at sports clubs, accommodations, leisure facilities, movie theaters, etc.)
・LILO Club (sports clubs, lodging, leisure facilities, movie theaters, etc.) (Running, mountain climbing, cooking, etc., part of the expenses paid by the company)
・Free English conversation lessons by native English speakers
・Support system for certification acquisition
・Qualification support system, etc.