Machine Learning Engineer
About Chowa Giken:
We are a startup company born from a university laboratory on a mission to apply AI research into practical use to the good benefit of our society.
We challenge ourselves to be at the forefront of AI problems to keep on supporting our customers in various industries.
As an AI engineer for client projects, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop algorithms and services within a team of several people in collaboration with other engineers, using numerical deep learning, machine learning, mathematical optimization methods, etc., under the direction of the Tech Lead.
- Identification of issues faced by the client and consideration of technical solutions
- Technical research through international conferences, papers, etc.
- Data collection, customer data analysis and data visualization
- Compile report
- You will be a member of the development team for numerical AI projects in the R&D Department and be responsible for development as a member of the team.
- There is a mentoring program at regular meetings led by university professors, where students can consult on their assigned projects and discuss their dissertations.
- As a venture company originating from Hokkaido University, we can make use of academia and cutting-edge knowledge.
- Expertise in mathematical optimization, statistical analysis and numerical forecasting
- Advanced knowledge of AI technologies such as deep learning, machine learning, optimization algorithms, etc., and experience with these technologies
- Development experience in Python, R, C++, etc. (at least 2-3 years in one of these languages)
- Experience in winning competitions such as Kaggle, SIGNATE, etc.
- Ph.D. student or those with equivalent knowledge
- Research in a research institute of a company
- Experience in international paper (IJCAI, AAAI, etc.) acceptance
- Experience in technical discussions such as requirement definition with external parties
- Experience in team development
- AI knowledge and academic insight
- Programming enthusiast
- Machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, and Chainer
- Use of general-purpose solvers and modeling languages such as Google OR-Tools, Pulp, etc.
- Development in Python, R, C++, etc.
- Full remote, full-flex and shortened work hours allowed
|Minimum annual salary(JPY)||3,600,000|
|Maximum annual salary(JPY)||7,000,000|
|Salary description||The above amount includes 25 hours of monthly deemed overtime pay.|
|Location||Full remote work permitted (regardless of where you live)
Head Office: 305 Hokudai Business Spring, 2-12-2 Kita 21 Nishi, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Tokyo Office: ACN Nihonbashi Hamacho Building, 2-1-10 Nihonbashi Hamacho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
|Apply from||Only Japan|
|Remote work||Remote(Anywhere in Japan)|
|Working hours||Full flex-time system (no core time)
Prescribed working hours: 8 hours 00 minutes
Break: 60 minutes
Overtime: Yes (average overtime hours: 15 hours)
|Holidays||Annual holidays: 126 days
2days off per week (Saturdays, Sundays)
Other (summer vacation, year-end and New Year vacations)
Paid vacations: 10 days after 6 months of employment
|Employee benefits||・Remote work available
・Remote work allowance paid
・Commuting allowance (actual expenses reimbursed)
・Shortened working hours (negotiable)
・Free dress code
・Childbirth and childcare support system
・Support for acquisition of qualifications and purchase of books
・Rules for handling employee inventions
・Car commuting and employee parking available (Sapporo Head Office only, reservation required)
・Referral recruitment support system
|Others||Trial period: 3 months|