Rakuten Group has more than 70 services, hence a huge amount of data.
Data Platform Department (DPD) provides several services and support all our internal users for making data analysis easier and accessible.
DPD also urge the whole Rakuten Group to be even more data-driven style and promotes DX across the company.
We are based in Japan, India, US, and EU; thus, we have a diverse team with people working from overseas.
Why we hire:
We would like to enhance our organization through hiring more people to be part of our team.
We are looking for someone who can collaborate with people inside and outside of the organization supporting on MicroStrategy architecture, design, development, implementation, and administration, and create and maintain documentation throughout an agile development style.
Experience with MicroStrategy product suite software components to tune and optimize performance, excellent problem-solving skills, analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to be a self-starter and multi-task across fast-paced IT and business environments are desired.
- The primary role to maintain systems, design, develop, and implement various enterprise reporting solutions.
- Responsible for MicroStrategy server administrative functions, Installation, upgrades, configuration, license management, backup, load balancing techniques and periodic patches installation on UNIX environments.
- Monitored server activity and archiving logs for potential performance tuning and enhancements and were promptly implemented to avoid business continuity during a disaster.
- Ensure production issues and tickets within the BI environment are resolved in a timely manner.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on Schedule.
- Co-ordinating with the offshore team to ensure all timelines were met to deploy in the right time.
- Handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, establishing or revamping procedures where needed.
- Maintain documentation for new and existing processes and workflows.
- Address user questions and system errors, and implement systems enhancements based on user feedback and organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics, Mathematics or similar field
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience of BI administrator like MicroStrategy, Tableau, Power BI
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience in Unix command line programming (bash, shell, crontab, grep, sed)
- Highly motivated, strong problem solver, self-starter and fast learner with demonstrated analytic and quantitative skills
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load effectively
- Project/people management experience
- Knowledge about Kafka & Zookeeper
- Knowledge about Postgres DB
Understanding and sympathizing with Rakuten:
It is necessary to sympathize with Rakuten's mission, values, and action guidelines (optimism), and to work to achieve it.
We want you to find new issues and lead them to solutions to improve Rakuten's services.-Experience and Skills:
We would like you to make use of the knowledge, development environment, and roles you have experiences so far (please explain in detail what you can do based on your experience).
|Location||Rakuten Crimson House, 1-14-1 Tamagawa, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo158-0094
(1 min walk from Futakotamagawa Station on the Denentoshi Line)
|Remote work||Partial remote|
|Working hours||9:00am - 5:30pm (Every Monday, work hours are from 8:00am to 4:30pm due to morning meeting)|
|Holidays||・2 days off per week (Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays are holidays)
・10-20 days of annual paid vacation (the minimum number of days is the number of days granted after six months of employment)
・120 days off per year
In addition, year-end and New Year vacations, paid vacation, congratulation or condolence leave, maternity and paternity leave, etc.
*Once a year, you can take 9 to 12 consecutive holidays by using the long vacation (Success Vacation) system.
|Employee benefits||・Commuting allowance
・Employee pension insurance
・Workers' accident compensation insurance
・Retirement allowance system
Supplemental education and qualification support
・English learning support (in-house TOEIC(R) test IP test, English conversation, etc.)
・Career challenge system (challenge the department of your choice)
・Job return system (rehiring system for those who retired due to marriage, childbirth, nursing care, etc.), etc.
・Stock Option Plan
・Cafeteria system with three free meals
・LILO Club (preferential treatment at sports clubs, accommodations, leisure facilities, movie theaters, etc.)
・LILO Club (sports clubs, lodging, leisure facilities, movie theaters, etc.) (Running, mountain climbing, cooking, etc., part of the expenses paid by the company)
・Free English conversation lessons by native English speakers
・Support system for certification acquisition
・Qualification support system, etc.