Media and Data Solutions Development Department (MDSD) is a Tech Organization that develops and operates more than 20 services of various sizes within Rakuten Group. Our mission is to attract users from inside and outside of Rakuten Group by providing attractive services to users while taking on new technological challenges.
Why We Hire
As MDSD has become a new development organization, the QA organization is also being rebuilt. Currently, the team is made up of existing members, but by hiring a new manager, we aim to build a stronger team.
- Making the strategy planning based on strengths and weakness of current QA group
- Managing the quality for multiple services in terms of quality as horizontal organization
- Making the standard QA testing approach through analysis of various service and QA situation
- Discuss with various service stakeholders and making QA Plan for each service and monitoring it
- Proceed the goal setting and feedback to group members
- Hiring new member
- QA vendor selection and management.
- Managing group budget (Manage this year and making next year budget)
- Test device and QA testing tool selection and implementation.
- Minimum five (5) plus year’s team management experience
- Minimum seven (7) plus year’s software QA testing experience
- Team member goal setting and feedback experience
- Budget management experience
- An understanding of HTML and XML technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management, supervisor peers, and end users. Audiences will include technical and non-technical individuals
- Strong prioritization skills, candidate must be able to prioritize projects based on market demands
- Strong multi-tasking skills are a must for this exciting, fast paced environment
- Experience working with end users or Product Management to ensure requirements are represented within test plans
- Experience of vendor selection and management after understanding the special characteristics of the service/project.
Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) - Agile SCRUM and test-driven development experience is a plus
- Java/PHP web development skills (MVC)
- Strong working knowledge of MySQL, Oracle, KVS
- Excellent analytical troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Programming, Mathematics/Analytics or related field or equivalent experience.
- Japanese Skill
Member structure: 16 people
We are promoting diversity in our department and have people from Japan (6), China (4), India (9), and Vietnam (2).
|Location||Rakuten Crimson House, 1-14-1 Tamagawa, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo158-0094
(1 min walk from Futakotamagawa Station on the Denentoshi Line)
|Remote work||Partial remote|
|Working hours||9:00am - 5:30pm (Every Monday, work hours are from 8:00am to 4:30pm due to morning meeting)|
|Holidays||・2 days off per week (Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays are holidays)
・10-20 days of annual paid vacation (the minimum number of days is the number of days granted after six months of employment)
・120 days off per year
In addition, year-end and New Year vacations, paid vacation, congratulation or condolence leave, maternity and paternity leave, etc.
*Once a year, you can take 9 to 12 consecutive holidays by using the long vacation (Success Vacation) system.
|Employee benefits||・Commuting allowance
・Employee pension insurance
・Workers' accident compensation insurance
・Retirement allowance system
Supplemental education and qualification support
・English learning support (in-house TOEIC(R) test IP test, English conversation, etc.)
・Career challenge system (challenge the department of your choice)
・Job return system (rehiring system for those who retired due to marriage, childbirth, nursing care, etc.), etc.
・Stock Option Plan
・Cafeteria system with three free meals
・LILO Club (preferential treatment at sports clubs, accommodations, leisure facilities, movie theaters, etc.)
・LILO Club (sports clubs, lodging, leisure facilities, movie theaters, etc.) (Running, mountain climbing, cooking, etc., part of the expenses paid by the company)
・Free English conversation lessons by native English speakers
・Support system for certification acquisition
・Qualification support system, etc.