Rakuten group has almost 100 million customer base in Japan and 1 billion globally as well, providing more than 70 services in a variety such as ecommerce, payment services, financial services, telecommunication, media, sports, etc.
AI Services Supervisory Department (AISSD) provides data science initiatives by leveraging Rakuten group’s data. The department has international culture created by excellent employees joined around the world and provides the cutting-edge data science. Following the strategic vision “Rakuten as a data-driven membership company”, AISSD is expanding our data activities across our multiple Rakuten group companies.
We are looking for a Data Engineer/Data Science Engineer to work within one of the following departments within our AI Services Supervisory Department (AISSD):
- Data Science Consulting Department (DSCD)
- Analytics Data Engineering Department (ADED)
- Merchandising and Advertisement Department (MAD)
- Catalog Management Department (CAMD)
- Data Science & Analytics Department (DSAD)
- Conversational Experiences Department (CXD)
- Computer science or related background
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, especially using Python as a programming language
- Experience with common Linux commands and Linux scripting languages
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS and Big Data querying tools, such as Tez, Hive, and Impala
- Experience with designing and building tools based on specific requirements
- Experience with building and maintaining data science platform
- Experience with SQL and some of the modern relational databases
- Experiences in web service development in multiple industries.
- Solid knowledge of large volumes data processing
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML, or H2O
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Redis, CouchBase
- Familiar with data mining concepts and machine learning algorithms
- Experience with Spark and stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume
|Location||Rakuten Crimson House, 1-14-1 Tamagawa, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo158-0094
(1 min walk from Futakotamagawa Station on the Denentoshi Line)
|Remote work||Partial remote|
|Working hours||9:00am - 5:30pm (Every Monday, work hours are from 8:00am to 4:30pm due to morning meeting)|
|Holidays||・2 days off per week (Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays are holidays)
・10-20 days of annual paid vacation (the minimum number of days is the number of days granted after six months of employment)
・120 days off per year
In addition, year-end and New Year vacations, paid vacation, congratulation or condolence leave, maternity and paternity leave, etc.
*Once a year, you can take 9 to 12 consecutive holidays by using the long vacation (Success Vacation) system.
|Employee benefits||・Commuting allowance
・Employee pension insurance
・Workers' accident compensation insurance
・Retirement allowance system
Supplemental education and qualification support
・English learning support (in-house TOEIC(R) test IP test, English conversation, etc.)
・Career challenge system (challenge the department of your choice)
・Job return system (rehiring system for those who retired due to marriage, childbirth, nursing care, etc.), etc.
・Stock Option Plan
・Cafeteria system with three free meals
・LILO Club (preferential treatment at sports clubs, accommodations, leisure facilities, movie theaters, etc.)
・LILO Club (sports clubs, lodging, leisure facilities, movie theaters, etc.) (Running, mountain climbing, cooking, etc., part of the expenses paid by the company)
・Free English conversation lessons by native English speakers
・Support system for certification acquisition
・Qualification support system, etc.
|Others||- Your application will be reviewed by multiple departments.
- You may have several interview processes by multiple departments in parallel.