Rakuten Travel is the No.1 Online Travel Agency in Japan. We provide services in leisure and also business travelers a variety of accommodation choices to meet all of their travel needs. Rakuten Travels mission is to provide quality experience to our travelers.
・Collaborate with Product Managers, UI/UX Designers and QA Engineers to build new features.
・Work together with API and other UI engineers to develop and maintain the best possible system for our large user base apps.
・Investigate, propose and work together to constantly evolve the technology of our Android apps.
・Keep up to date with the latest Android technologies in order to apply to our products.
・Refine technology/process/teamwork and look for ways to implement better solutions.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong ability to develop Android apps using Java or Kotlin with more than 3 years' experience
- Strong understanding of the latest features and development best practices for the Android platform
- Understanding of Android Architecture Components ie Data Binding, Live data, Navigation, Paging, Room, View Model, Work Manager, Dagger 2
- Hands on tools ie Studio, Intellij, Jenkins, Gradle
- Knowledge of Thirdparty libararies, KTX, Retrofit, Glide, Coroutine, Google Map - Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Strong motivation for developing product with teams
- A desire to continually improve, suggest idea for organization, teams
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, doesn't sweat the small stuff
- Experience in Agile development
- RESTful API development experience (Spring boot)
- Building CI/CD development cycle experience
- Contributing t o open source
- Knowledge, Experience of travel domain
- Experience working for consumer facing product
- Experience of internationalization development
- Knowledge of Material design guidelines and available components
|Location||Rakuten Crimson House, 1-14-1 Tamagawa, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo158-0094
(1 min walk from Futakotamagawa Station on the Denentoshi Line)
|Remote work||Partial remote|
|Working hours||9:00am - 5:30pm (Every Monday, work hours are from 8:00am to 4:30pm due to morning meeting)|
|Holidays||・2 days off per week (Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays are holidays)
・10-20 days of annual paid vacation (the minimum number of days is the number of days granted after six months of employment)
・120 days off per year
In addition, year-end and New Year vacations, paid vacation, congratulation or condolence leave, maternity and paternity leave, etc.
*Once a year, you can take 9 to 12 consecutive holidays by using the long vacation (Success Vacation) system.
|Employee benefits||・Commuting allowance
・Employee pension insurance
・Workers' accident compensation insurance
・Retirement allowance system
Supplemental education and qualification support
・English learning support (in-house TOEIC(R) test IP test, English conversation, etc.)
・Career challenge system (challenge the department of your choice)
・Job return system (rehiring system for those who retired due to marriage, childbirth, nursing care, etc.), etc.
・Stock Option Plan
・Cafeteria system with three free meals
・LILO Club (preferential treatment at sports clubs, accommodations, leisure facilities, movie theaters, etc.)
・LILO Club (sports clubs, lodging, leisure facilities, movie theaters, etc.) (Running, mountain climbing, cooking, etc., part of the expenses paid by the company)
・Free English conversation lessons by native English speakers
・Support system for certification acquisition
・Qualification support system, etc.